Full Time (40 hrs p/w Monday – Friday)
Salary £50-65k per annum (depending on experience)
Working from home (permanently)
25 days annual leave (excluding bank holidays)
Established in 2016, Glider Technology (Glider) has a passion for Building Information Modelling (BIM) and Information Management, and because of this we develop and provide information management software and consultancy services to the AEC and asset management industries.
Our Software as a Service (SaaS) is named gliderbim®, and is a new, unique brand of full lifecycle, asset information management software. Our mission is to revolutionise how information is managed throughout design, construction and operation of the built environment.
The Glider team is made up of a diverse team of software engineers, BIM consultants, Information Managers, Project Managers, and Senior Management. All staff work from home and always will do, but we like to meet up on a regular basis for company briefings, team building, and general fun.
Job roles within Glider that are of a client-facing role will meet on a more regular basis as well as with customers for project-related or sales-related meetings. The majority of customer meetings are held at the clients own office and the frequency of meetings is individual to that project.
Reports to:The Principal Software Engineer will report to the Head of Development at Glider Technology.
Job Overview:You’ll need 10+ years as a professional software engineer with a proven track record of developing software services. You will take an active and direct role in the product life cycle, from design and prototyping to execution and deployment.
Principal Software Engineers at Glider are responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of our products and software; gliderbim®, to ensure it meets the needs of the end-user and in achieving our business goals.
Principal Software Engineers are also called upon to help train and provide technical guidance to junior members of the development team. They are also required to liaise with other departments within the business to provide technical assistance with the company’s products and help resolve client issues.
All staff at Glider work from home but from time to time we like to meet up for company briefings, team-building events, and general fun.
● C# (.NET 6).
● TDD principles.
● SOLID principles.
● A SQL dialect at an expert level (we use MySQL)
● Git and a familiarity within automated CI/CD pipelines.
● Positive attitude, open minded, flexible and willing to adapt to changing situations.
● Passion for writing clean and maintainable code.
● Complex problem-solving ability, innovative and creative thinking.
● Ability to learn quickly and to collaborate with others in a geographically distributed team.
● A sense of collective responsibility for delivery commitments.
● Ability to deliver code in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
● Good communication skills, with the ability to communicate issues to technical and
● Reside in the UK.
● Able to complete Security Clearance as a large portion of our customers are government
clients. You must have been resident in the UK for at least 5 years without more than 28
period outside the country.
● Degree In Computer Science.
● Knowledge of cloud computing environments AWS, Azure or Google Cloud.
● Knowledge of Kubernetes.
● Knowledge of Elasticsearch.
● Two days a month dedicated training time
● One extra day a year annual leave per year of service (capped at 5 years)
Glider celebrates diversity and inclusivity and we welcome applicants regardless of their ethnic origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, disability or social background. If you require a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process please make contact with HR by telephone 020 3826 8001 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have the skills and experience to fulfill the role advertised and wish to join our team, please forward a covering letter and your CV to email@example.com.
Return to Careers
+44 (0) 203 8268 001
44 York Street, Clitheroe BB7 2DL
Get Glider in your inbox
Copyright 2022 @ Glider Technology ltd. All rights reserved.